Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hit the nail on the head.

I'm kind of an RSVP Nazi. RSVPing is the polite thing to do, right?

Someone invites you to an event and they would like to know if you'll attend so that they can plan for food, drinks etc. The technology of such things as email and Evites make RSVPing so easy, yet so many people still fail to respond. Drives. Me. Crazy. Nothing like showing up for a dinner and bringing a dish you prepared for only 10 to find 18 people are there. Or you have 30 people respond yes, and then only 20 show up yet you've prepared food for 30. I will admit that there have been a couple times I have last minute pulled out of an event due to illness, but each of those times I made sure to either call or text the host explaining the situation.

Rand Cooper wrote up a piece yesterday in the New York Times exclaiming the same sentiment that I have felt for years about those non-RSVPers. Check out his article here.

1 comment:

  1. Great article. I hate when people don't RSVP -- especially for weddings, baby showers, etc.

    ReplyDelete