Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts (trying to ignore the ants in my living room)

The other day when BFF was over, she showed me her hipstamatic camera app for the iphone. I finally downloaded it this morning and I think it is pretty neat. I used to be really into photography and artsy shots (back in the film days) and took an artistic photography class in college. When Mr.P and I started dating he showed me his fancy Nikon D80 and I was hooked on digital photography.

But in the past two years or so we weren't using the Nikon very much since we had a nice point and shoot digital plus our iphone camera's. Mr.P wanted to get an HD video camera, so he sold the Nikon. I have taken hundreds upon hundreds of iphone pics of M2. While it is super convenient and easy to email photos and upload them to FB from the iphone, the print quality kind of sucks. Since there isn't a flash, if I'm taking a photo in poor lighting conditions, it will be grainy and just OK. I miss the days of taking fun artsy photos, and I love the look of old school photos from my childhood - you know, the square ones with rounded edges and a slightly red or blue tinge to them?

Hello hipstamatic camera app. Here are a few I took this morning, and I have yet to fully play around with the different lense and style options.

Naptime:

Toys galore:

Mr.P drinking his coffee (pre-ant invasion discovery):

Jump up time:


More jump up:

1 comment: