So BFF and I had planned weeks ago to spend Friday evening the 26th at a little concert for a few local artists. Tara Ward, Molly McCue, and some guy whose name I've already forgotten (I'm sure he is a lovely artist. BFF even assures me he is great and he's the cousin of a church friend of hers, however, his band included a drum set. M2 was asleep in the Beco carrier when he came on last, so we quickly exited when the loud music began).
Originally, Mr.P was going to stay home and hang out with M2 while BFF and I went to the show. But then BFF's boyfriend came over with her and the guys decided that they wanted to go out too. A few weeks ago they had talked about going out for steak somewhere nice, so they decided to make that their new plan, a bro date if you'll call it that. Thus leading to M2 coming along to the concert, which was fine since she was (mostly) well behaved. I'm glad Mr.P and BFF's boyfriend got to have a little one-on-one time since I'd like them to be good friends :-)
Tara Ward is a wonderfully talented lady who used to be in a band called Late Tuesday. I own all their albums. Love, love, love them. BFF knows Tara from her church. Molly McCue sings in the worship band at my church, and she is also an amazingly talented lady (not to mention beautiful. I can't help but stare at her, she almost doesn't look real, she's so beautiful!) She has a great voice and sings some beautiful and deep songs.
You know that feeling when you hear a song for the first time, and you are so drawn in by that song and you love it from first hear? I love that feeling. Last night Tara Ward sang a song that gave me that feeling. It's called "Still (a lullaby)." That song was what put M2 to sleep at the concert last night. I highly recommend listening to it and even purchasing her online concept album here.
Today we've had a lazy Saturday. We slept in (thank you M2 for enjoying sleeping in as much as mommy and daddy!) I breastfed her around 8 AM, but she promptly fell back asleep in our bed, and we all slept in until 10 or so. I made breakfast for us, and we sat around and played on our computers while M2 rolled around on the floor. Mr.P did the final touches to get the new blog design going (great isn't it?) Then M2 went down for a nap while we cleaned up a little. Then M2 and I went out grocery shopping, and then some friends came by to hang out. All of us walked to a nearby wine shop where a friend/wine maker was hosting a tasting. We drank some wine and chatted, then walked home.
Here is what our evening has consisted of while M2 again rolls around on the floor and plays with her toys:



No comments:
Post a Comment