Early on in the pregnancy I worried a lot. I tried not to and I told very few people how often I worried about M2. Each doctors visit and ultrasound was a huge relief to hear her heart beat and see that she had grown. Later into the second trimester (around 20ish weeks) when I started to feel her move I was so excited. Now I would know that she was doing well because I could feel her. Some days her kicks and punches would be stronger, some days not so much. I'm now in what the books call "the active phase" of weeks 27-32 where she should be moving more frequently since there is the most room in the ute for her.
Occasionally I have a day like yesterday where I hardly felt her move. I'd get an occasional twitch (I'd pause and question was it the baby or a little contraction?) By yesterday evening I was getting pretty worried. When Mr.P and I got home from work we tried a few of the tricks to "wake" her up. We played music, he talked to her, and I tried poking her awake. Finally after 20 minutes of those things I felt a little kick. Then another. Throughout the evening I felt a few slight movements, but I kept silently praying that she would jump to life and do her usual acrobatics.
Of course she decided to wake up and play right as I was going to bed. I woke up every hour or so to the feeling of her punching and flipping (sometimes my bladder was the target of her kicks). It was a relief to feel her being so active, but a little annoying since I was trying to sleep. But that's OK, it was worth it and I can always take a nap later. This morning she is awake and moving, and I am feeling silly for having worried so much yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment