This morning someone at my mom's group was telling a story about a spider, and it reminded me of a moment last fall. It was just before P5 was born, so M2 was about 15 months old. I saw a HUGE spider creeping across the living room floor, which prompted me to scream loudly and grab for a shoe. I beat the shoe against the floor several times leaving a big icky spider mess on the hardwood. Meanwhile M2 had hurried over to the door where her shoes were laying, and grabbed one of her little boots. She toddled over to where I was and imitated my spider squishing move. It was one of those moments I had forgotten, but upon remembering it this morning I knew I needed to record it before it were forgotten again.
Another such moment happened the other day. We were in the car driving home from a friend's house when we encountered a stopped car on one of our narrow neighborhood streets. Mr.P stopped right behind them and waited a moment. Without any warning, the driver ahead put his car into reverse and backed right into us, making a loud smack as he hit our front bumper. Mr.P loudly exclaimed, "That DUDE just hit our car!" A moment later we heard a little voice from the back seat, "DUDE. HIT. CAR." Little M2 had uttered one of her first 3 word phrases. In a tense situation, Mr.P and I burst into laughter and M2 repeated her new phrase, revealing in the attention it brought her. For months I've worried about her slight speech delay, trying not to get too worked up and reminding myself that she'll catch up eventually. This past week her language skills have been exploding again. She is now frequently using two and three words sentences to ask for things. It's so amazing to be able to better understand her, and to have almost a real conversation with her!
P5 is cruising, and getting around. In typical mobile baby fashion, he is a magnet for all things dangerous, and keeps trying to pull himself up on unstable items. But he's learning and having a blast moving about. He is such a big boy, I look at him and wonder what happened to my little baby? Most of his clothes are 18-24 months size.
Things are going well, and Mr.P is feeling much better and is back to work. We are once again insanely busy with various commitments, but otherwise the stress load is massively reduced. My mom's group has started back up for the year and I am loving the time spent with these ladies and walk away each week feeling so uplifted. Life is good.
How cute that she said about the car.
ReplyDelete