I often wonder what is going on in M2's little 2 year old brain. The things she says, remembers, and even the silly little dances she'll bust out doing at random times....I can only imagine what those little synapses are doing as they fire about in her brain.
Today went by really fast despite how much we had going on. I spent the morning making calls, feeding the kids, trying to organize some things, then getting the kids ready to go visit Mr.P. I had told him we'd be there at noon, but we didn't get there until 1. Sigh.
We spent about 2 1/2 hours there, and I have to say I am so much happier with the care he is receiving at the current hospital. They check on him regularly, the doctor actually comes in and spends a lot of time talking and discussing, and the nurses were so friendly to the kids. They're still trying to figure out what is completely wrong with Mr.P because there are several different issues going on and they aren't sure if they are independent of each other or connected, but they are working on treating each issue.
Tonight they had to give him a blood transfusion. That was hard for me to watch - I kind of have an irrational fear of other people's blood in me. Seriously - when I was pregnant the first time I asked my OB about banking my own blood in case I needed it during childbirth, that is how freaked out I am about other people's blood. I'm a regular blood donor myself; and my fears aside, it was neat to see the "volunteer donor" sticker on the bag of blood they hooked up for Mr.P knowing that someone sat in one of the PSBC chairs just like I do and gave a pint.
We left in the late afternoon when the kids were melting down and ready for nap time. We came home and all three of us took a nap, then we played outside, ate dinner, and headed back to the hospital for another little visit. When we got home I gave the kids a bath since it had been a few days. While I was drying M2 on my bed she stood up and pointed to Mr.P's side of the bed. She said, "Daddy! Daddy!" Then I said, "Where is Daddy?" M2 responded, "Hosp till." Then she gave me a hug and started to cry. It was the sweetest thing but it also broke my heart a little bit. I wish my kids didn't have to go through this, and I hate that the illness is taking away fun time.
Tomorrow is a big day - they should have the blood cultures back to know what kind of infection he has, and depending on how he is doing they may move him to the hospital's main campus to the ICU. My mother-in-law will be here tomorrow, so that will be a great help for all of us to have her here.
No comments:
Post a Comment