Thursday, September 22, 2011

The one where I complain a bit.

Tomorrow I have a babysitter coming for 4 hours to watch the kids so I can clean out my closet. I know, it's kind of sad. But that is the season of life we are in right now, both kids are just SO needy.all.the.time. At times I feel like I'm on the verge of a bladder infection because I spend so much time rushing around tending to the kids needs before I can make time to do the little things like pee. I'm looking forward to having a few hours of "me" time, even if it does involve gutting my walk in closet and rebuilding it with more functional shelving and drawers. For nearly 2 years, that closet has becoming the dumping ground for things we "will deal with later."

Today I took the kids to Home Depot so I could buy the supplies necessary for the project. Not a good store to bring small children to. First of all, there is absolutely nothing there for them. At least the grocery store there are the free cookies in the bakery. At Costco there are books I can grab to placate them, not to mention food samples. Home Depot, not so much. After getting home and measuring the space again I realized I had bought a few of the wrong things and had to dash back to Home Depot after Mr.P got home to do some exchanges sans kids.

Something that has been bothering me lately. People are always asking about the kids and how they sleep, blah blah blah. I'm pretty upfront about the fact that my kids are very poor sleepers. Well, M2 sleeps pretty well now, but she is also 2 years old. When I explain a typical night with P5 waking 2-5 times, I often hear comments such as, "I don't know how you do it, I sure couldn't!" Or, "I just don't function on poor/little sleep." I know they're trying to be nice as if they are implying I'm amazing for doing it, but really I'm not. Especially the second comment, I always have to hold myself back from going into how getting enough sleep is really kind of a HUMAN thing. I cope as best I can for not sleeping well, but it's not always easy. I have my moments. Sometimes I cry because I'm so tired. Sometimes I'll even fall asleep on the couch for 10-15 minutes while the kids are watching a cartoon. Sometimes I yell at my husband because I'm so tired by days end.

No comments:

Post a Comment