Today is gorgeous in Seattle! It's sunny, clear and nearly 60 degrees. We went for a long walk this morning to a cute little coffee shop I discovered last week. There were so many flowers starting to bloom already - this unseasonably warm winter has moved up spring around here. The mountains look amazing with the snow caps, and the air is fresh and clean today.
When we began our walk, we passed one of our neighbors from a few doors down. She looked at us, gave a little glare, then looked away. She kind of hates me because of an *incident* from a few years ago. Here's the back story - basically, the parking situation on our street totally sucks. Most houses have a one car garage or carport, and then there is street parking on one side of the street. Many of the houses have driveways on the parking side, so there is just enough space to park two cars between driveways. Occasionally someone will park in the middle of the two spaces, leaving half a car space on each side of their car. Not very considerate, right?
I used to get so mad when people would do this, and often I'd end up having to park a block away. One night, after returning home from a bar (a little tipsy) I looked out the front window and saw a parking violator - a car straddling two spaces. In my inebriated state, I busted out a 3x5 index card and a sharpie, and proceeded to write a nasty note in large block letters, about how rude it was that the person was taking up two parking spaces. I then placed it in a plastic baggie (never know if it's going to rain around here) and I placed said note on the windshield of the car. I ran back in the house feeling a sense of giddiness for finally "sticking it" to a parking violator.
A week or so later I was out doing yard work. This middle aged couple from a few doors down came walking by and stopped to say "hi." They had always been very friendly towards us. As we were chatting, the woman mentioned that someone had left a nasty note on her car windshield the previous week. I did my best to act shocked and appalled that someone would do such a thing. When I told Mr.P about it later on, he said that they were probably on to me.
How could they be? When I left the note, it was late. And dark out. Their house is halfway down the hill, there is no way they'd have seen me from their house. A few days later I was on our front porch and noticed a note I've had taped to our old antique mailbox since we first moved into the house. In large block letters of a sharpie pen, it says "PLEASE PLACE MAIL IN THE SLOT IN THE FRONT DOOR, THANKS!" Um, yeah...same handwriting as the note on the car. Ooops. They knew it was me. Not only that, I had lied to them and pretended it wasn't me. So since then, the lady from down the street has basically hated my guts.
Kids, don't leave nasty notes on your neighbors cars when you are drunk....nothing good can come of it.
HAHA I'll remember that...
ReplyDelete