What do you think of the new blog layout? I was getting sick of the bubblegum pink background. I want to start blogging more, and I felt the first step was to freshen up the page.
So I have this problem with overextending myself....and I've done it again. I really do like hanging out with friends and making things for people, I just don't have enough time. If only I could be one of those people who could constantly function on 5 hours of sleep! But I am not...I need at least 8 hours.
This week we have two dinner engagements that will surely consume the better part of two evenings. I've promised my dad a batch of homemade peanut butter cookies (he just got out of the hospital and wanted some comfort food), and I promised my cousin that I'd bring her a quilt next weekend for her new baby (homemade of course. This will be machine quilted, not hand quilted. Now that I'm a mom I don't know if I'll ever hand quilt again!) I'm also signed up to do a 5k next Saturday morning with some friends, so that will require me to do a little bit of exercising this week to prevent myself from getting injured trying to jog 3+ miles Saturday. Oh, and I also have to report to my full time job and take care of the baby in the evenings....so yeah, this will be a busy week.
Next weekend I am taking my first solo flight with M2, and I am a little nervous about it. This will be her 5th roundtrip flight experience, and so far she has been a pretty good traveler. But knowing my luck the time she chooses to flip out will be the time I am alone with her! I won't have Mr.P there to deal with all our stuff at security. Usually I'll carry the baby through the scanner and deal with TSA testing the breastmilk bottles for explosive chemicals while he puts all of our stuff (bags, stroller, car seat, etc) through the xray machine. It's only a 3 hour flight to southern California, but in her current squirmy phase it is hard to hold her still for very long. Our last flight (a few weeks ago) we kept passing her back and forth on the plane, this time it will just be me. I'm really excited about this trip, so even if I have to go through 3 hours of hell getting there it will be worth it (but thinking happy/good traveling thoughts...thinking happy/good traveling thoughts....) It's going to be a girls weekend with my cousin, her 18 month old daughter, and her 2 month old daughter. Her husband is in dental school and will be busy studying for mid-terms, so we will have a relaxing long weekend with our babies watching chick flicks and baking. Mr.P decided that he will go to San Francisco for the weekend because he didn't want to stay home alone. He'll be having a boys weekend in SF with my dad and one of his good friends from college. I'm a little sad that we will be apart on Valentine's day, but it was the best weekend for me to travel since I have Monday off from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment