The past few days I've had the extreme discomfort of a foot in my rib cage. You know that feeling where you feel like you've pulled a muscle in your upper abdomen and it causes some sharp shooting pain and trouble breathing? It's like that, except that it doesn't go away. Today was a little better than yesterday. Last night I woke up a lot, and because of it I was super cranky this morning (though a stop in at Starbucks on my way to work helped improve my mood). Every time I woke up last night, the arm on the side I was laying on was completely numb, and my fingers were totally swollen. My toes and fingers look like sausages right now (not cute). But the end is near....
Tonight I had a nice little pampering session - I had my hair highlighted and trimmed. I figured it would be a good time to freshen up my look, before baby gets here. In the past when I've done highlights I've gone for a blonde look, this time I went for copper. It turned out great! It looks a lot more subtle with my naturally medium brown hair, and it gives my hair some cool dimension. The best part was that for the color job and the trim, it only cost $35 total. Yup, the benefit of living up the street from a beauty school. I requested a senior student and she did a fantastic job, it looked as professional as the salon job I had last year that cost nearly $200.
Tomorrow morning is our weekly OB appt. This time we'll have a growth ultrasound to estimate M2's size/weight, and we'll confirm she's in the head down position. I think tomorrow will also be the first internal exam where we'll find out the status of my cervix...hopefully there is some signs of ripening!
I am glad your hair turned out well, good luck with your appt.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome deal! I want some pictures. ^.~
ReplyDeleteYou are so close now! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone, at least from my point of view.