Sunday, July 19, 2009

I have no excuse.

I hear people talk about "pregnancy brain" - the phenomenon of pregnant women easily forgetting things and not being able to focus. I'm sure it's a handy excuse at times; however, I doubt it has much to do with the placenta leeching off the mother's blood supply. I think it probably has more to do with being tired.

Last night we went to bed uncharacteristically early for us, and on a Saturday no less. We were asleep by 11 PM. We woke up at 9 AM, and rushed to get ready to make the 9:45 AM church service. After church we got coffee, and headed to one of the local parks on Puget Sound. It was so relaxing; Mr.P and I sat on a piece of driftwood and talked while listening to the calming sound of the water lapping the shore. After that we went home and puttered around, then we decided to go check out the new light rail train which was offering free rides all weekend during the grand opening.

The train was pretty packed, but it was fun, and there was some really interesting people watching. On the ride back I was surprised it took a little while before I was offered a seat. Seriously! There were several young, able-bodied looking men sitting in seats and ignoring me, the 8 month pregnant lady, and ignoring several elderly ladies that were standing. Finally a middle aged man got up and offered me his seat.

By the time we got back to downtown, we were starving hungry so we stopped in at a large chain restaurant that we had a gift card for (generally we're not the biggest fans of large chain restaurants, which is partly why we'd had this gift card in Mr.P's wallet for so long). After 1.5+ hours of riding/waiting for the train I really had to pee. At the restaurant we sat at our table and I decided I'd order before heading to the restroom. By the time I got to the restroom, I really had to go. Unfortunately, the door was locked and required a pass code to get in. I found someone who worked there to get the pass code, and then rushed back to the hallway. I punched in the code and entered the restroom. As I walked in and looked around, I noticed 4 urinals and 2 stalls. It didn't register at first, initially I thought, "That's strange that the women's restroom has urinals." I almost walked into a stall, but then it clicked - oh shit - I was in the mens room! I hurried to the door and opened it. Yup, that was a man symbol on the door. My face turned bright red and I hurried down the hall to the ladies room. Whoops! I don't think there were any men in there at the time, thank goodness.

After a nice 10 hours of sleep, I really have no excuse for my blunder.

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom story is funny, I always enjoy when I ride the rail here for the people watching, and I am glad to see that there are others out there like me and my friends who would rather support local businesses.

    ReplyDelete