Since I am not really the kind of person who can sit back and wait very well, I decided to go ahead and contact Seattle Children's Autism Center. I figured I could get an appointment and we'll have the report from the UW by next week, right?
On their website, the Autism Center states that they are "dedicated to providing comprehensive and timely autism services." They go on to talk about how important early intervention is. I gave them a call and after giving all the info they needed, the scheduler informed me that there is a wait list to get an appt and that we should expect to have an appt in 6-8 months. 6 to 8 MONTHS. I laughed out loud and said, "Are you serious?" All that fluff about timely services and early intervention on their website seems so hypocritical now. I'm feeling a bit discouraged. If they had said 6-8 weeks I would have felt that was a long wait, but manageable. 6-8 months is completely unacceptable. Now to figure out a plan B while we wait for our number to come up.
No comments:
Post a Comment