Fall is here. I'm OK with that, because I really love the fall. I love the weather, wearing a warm sweater with jeans and holding a warm coffee drink. I love the smell of the air in the morning, and a little bit of fog and the leaves on the ground. I also love Thanksgiving, and being married to a Canadian I get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice (Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October). Next Monday we're hosting our annual Canadian Thanksgiving dinner party. I was really torn about whether to have a small party or the larger open house style we used to do. The problem is, our friend circle has continued to grow, and if we invited everyone we wanted to invite, our house would not hold everyone and we would need 3 turkeys. With two young children, it's just too much. So we opted for a small dinner. Someday when our kids are not so needy, and we have a larger home, we will go back to throwing a huge party.
Last night P5 was very cranky and almost felt a bit feverish, but being the second child I wasn't rushing to get the thermometer out. He kept having sneezing fits all evening, but no sign of a runny nose so I was cautiously optimistic. After he was asleep I went to check on him and I heard the dreaded stuffy baby breathing. By the time I went to bed, he was full blown stuffed up and tossing around in the pack in play, obviously not comfortable. I swabbed a qtip with a bit of baby vics and dabbed it under his nostrils. This helped temporarily, but through the night he woke up 5 times. Ugh. It's frustrating because our current schedule has the kids attending the childcare center at our church 3 times a week. The staff there is great, and the kids love going there. Unfortunately, it's also a cesspool. They don't allow sick kids there, yet that is almost always where our kids pick up their illnesses.
Well, we are off to Costco now to pick up the Lion King Blu-Ray - released today! Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment