When I was 26 I went to a concert at a well known outdoor venue known as The Gorge, and as I stood in a crowded pack, breathing in second hand pot smoke and feeling the wetness of the Bud Light beer spilled on my by some punk, I decided I was getting too old to enjoy concerts like that. Now I pretty much rarely go to concerts, and if I do it is a smaller venue where I can sit and enjoy the music without feeling like I'm at a frat party.
A few weeks ago, Mr.P and I had a date night planned. Up until the day of the date, we didn't actually have a plan except that the babysitter was scheduled to be at our house at 7. There was a large annual beer festival going on in town, one that we had attended for many years prior to having kids. I used to LOVE that beer festival! Little tastes of delicious microbrew, loud music, crowds. Well, OK, I've never actually loved crowds, but at this event I would drink enough little beers that I didn't mind the crowd. So a few weeks back we decided we would go to the beer festival. Finally - after nearly 3 years of either being pregnant or breastfeeding constantly, I was free to drink as much as my heart desired. We headed to the festival, and after 45 minutes of city parking search hell, we made it to the gate. We looked in, we saw the crowd, we heard the loud music and decided that at $30 per person, it really wasn't what we wanted to do anymore. We wanted to relax, to talk and have a mellow night. So instead we drove across town to a small indie movie theater. We bought tickets for an indie film, and shared a bottle of wine and some tapas at the Spanish restaurant next door. It was a great date night.
When the iPhone 4S was announced, I was eagerly awaiting the news. My old iPhone 3 was on it's last legs, and my contract was expired leaving me free to upgrade to a new phone. The decision then came to - preorder online and have it shipped to me, or wait at the store? Obviously a no brainer - I preordered. While it would be fun to some degree to wait for hours at the Apple Store (oh wait, again, not something I probably would have really enjoyed much even 10 years ago). This morning I got to sleep in, then go to the gym and workout, and when we arrived home at noon, my new iPhone was waiting for me. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment