Friday, January 29, 2010

Sophie giraffe = baby crack.

Sophie the giraffe, a baby product from France. She is basically M2's most favorite toy ever.

Sophie's kind of a trendy thing (as explained here in this LA Times article). I first heard about her when I was pregnant and I thought she was really cute, so I added her to my baby registry on a whim. Since most people I know are either last minute shoppers or non-registry shoppers, she remained on the amazon baby registry. Before Christmas my Grandmother contacted me and requested that I purchase M2 a couple gifts to be from her and she would pay me back (Grandma can't drive anymore or even walk to her mailbox). I jumped on the chance to splurge and get M2 Sophie the giraffe. I know that is lame of me, but I am kind of cheap and couldn't justify spending nearly $20 of my own money on a baby teething toy. Mama needs money to pay her BMW payment!

Christmas rolled around and we brought the purchased toys to my Grandmother's house for a pre-Christmas visit. Grandma was excited to present M2 with her new toys. M2 took right to Sophie, and for the past 5+ weeks they've been best pals. M2 actually squeals when I hand it to her. If we take Sophie away, she will cry. Sophie keeps her entertained for longer than any other toy. She will pass Sophie from hand to hand, and chew on her legs, neck, and head. M2 is so happy and content with little Sophie. Sometimes she won't fall asleep unless she has Sophie in her grasp.

I've never been a fad follower and I don't like to jump on the trendy wagon. However, if Sophie giraffe is the latest trend in baby goods, I am glad I jumped on that wagon. Seeing how much M2 loves little Sophie makes me a believer and I can understand why this toy has hundreds of 5 star reviews on amazon.com. I am now in search of the best deal possible on Sophie so I can buy a few in bulk for my friends expecting babies this year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment