Thursday, November 19, 2009

I suspect that this will be harder on me than her.

I've decided that tonight is the night. On the eve of her 3 month birthday, M2 is going to sleep in her nursery tonight. I'm sure she will do fine, I think that I will probably be more nervous than M2 will be. She's still waking up once or twice a night to feed, but her room is just across the hall from us so it's not that big of deal to go in there to feed her. Today I'm working on cleaning her room up (it's become the dumping ground for many things over the past few months) and I am going to move the glider into her room. Yesterday I put up draft barriers around her windows so that the room will stay warmer at night. I'm currently washing her crib bedding, and setting up the Angel Care Sound/Movement monitor.

I'm hoping that by moving her it will help me to sleep a little better. I tend to be a very light sleeper, and sometimes M2 will start to snore or move around in her bassinet, which wakes me up. Also, since we have been putting her to bed before us, it prevents Mr.P and I from being able to read in bed before we go to sleep since we don't want to turn on the light and risk waking the baby.

M2 is so much different now at 3 months! She can hold her head up good, she laughs and smiles, and she loves to kick her legs a lot. She hardly cries anymore which is a huge improvement. I am so thankful that I got to spend these past three months at home with her. I know some women go back to work at 6 weeks or 8 weeks postpartum, but for me I can not imagine how hard that would have been. At 6 and 8 weeks M2 was still so needy and difficult, I would have had a hard time leaving her in someone elses care. Now she is much more easygoing and enjoys quiet time playing in her play gym or laying on a blanket with her lamaze toys.

The one big down side to M2 being in daycare is the bottles. I'm not the biggest fan of pumping, it's boring, a little painful, and it requires washing all the pump parts and bottles. Luckily I still have a fantastic supply of milk so I am able to pump enough for her daycare bottles in two pumping sessions. Prior to her going to daycare, I'd give M2 about 1 bottle every two days to keep her used to bottle feeding, but she was mostly breastfeeding. Now that she is having a few bottles each day at daycare, I have found that when she comes home she does not want to breastfeed. She'll release her latch after 10 seconds and cry until I give her a bottle. At night she breastfeeds just fine - if she's sleepy she doesn't mind feeding from the boob. It's frustrating because I'm already pumping during the day and cleaning the bottles used at daycare, in the evening it would be a lot easier to just breastfeed her rather than having to add another pumping session. I am hoping this will get better with time and she'll be better adapted to switching back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment