Not sure if this will help anyone, but I thought I would write out my reviews on a few products we have found to be awesome or not so awesome.
AWESOME
One of the coolest things that we got as a gift that we didn't even realize we would use is the Prince Lion Heart Warmies Bamboo Wipes and Warmer. This is a small box that holds wet bamboo towels that it keeps warm. They can be used as wipes during diaper changes (or used for a quick wipe down if your kid spits up a lot like mine does and often needs crusty milk wiped from her neck and shoulders). They are washable and reuseable. Since we started using this, we pretty much only use the disposable wipes when we're out of the house. M2 is less fussy about being wiped with a warm soft towel than a cold wet disposable wipe. This helps make me feel a little more environmentally friendly. Eventually I hope to switch to cloth diapers too.
NOT AWESOME
Something I absolutely hate: Combi brand products. They are horrible. At least in my experience. Our pack and play is Combi, and honestly, when I picked it out I was going for asthetics. I picked one out that I thought would look good in our room and match. Stupid decision! The pack and play is a pain to take apart and put together. The instructions do not do the product justice and I swear and yell everytime I am putting it together/taking it apart. The plastic rails that hold the bassinet insert have already cracked and split, and we've only taken it apart/put together about 5 times. Our first car seat that we bought and ended up returning was also Combi (it was too bulky and really hard to get in/out of the base). Our bouncy chair is Combi too, but that POS is now in the basement since it does not work very well and is made of a material that makes this "nails on a blackboard" sound when M2 rubs her feet back and forth. Basically after experiencing 3 products by this company I would not buy any more or recomend them.
AWESOME
Onesies! Love love love onesies. Super easy to put on, take off and they're easy for diaper changes. A few outfits I recieved as gifts were worn once and then retired. Anything with more than 3 snaps is a no. Sure some of the outfits are cute, but not easy to put on/take off or do a diaper change. For pajamas I love the ones with a zipper - much easier to change diaperes in the dark with a zippered front pajama.
NOT AWESOME
The Costco brand 1-2 diapers. Pretty much everytime M2 went #2, she would have a blowout with those diapers. I switched her to Pampers Swaddlers and they work much much better. I found them for a good price on Amazon, and I have been able to order them with our Amazon Fresh grocery delivery service. We received a giant box of size two Huggies diapers as a gift, so when she is into that size we'll give those a try.
AWESOME
The BOB stroller is so great. Initially we purchased a snap and go stroller frame for the carseat. It worked great when M2 was really tiny, and the stroller frame was a good price (less than $50). However, we live in the city and our sidewalks are old and uneven, so the stroller frame does not handle well when going out for a walk. The BOB stroller has shocks, and that thing will turn on a dime. It folds up compact, it glides smoothly on our rough paved sidewalks, and it will be suitable for M2 up to 70 lbs (though we'll probably buy a double BOB before she gets to be that big). We bought our BOB online using bing cashback, which saved us $40.
No comments:
Post a Comment