Friday, June 26, 2009

Wearing the crazy pregnant lady hat...

I've been a pretty laid back pregnant lady thus far. I haven't been too emotional or hormonal. But this evening I had a moment...a crazy pregnant lady moment.

Those who know me know that I am kind of a picky eater, and I have some very strong food aversions (not pregancy related food aversions, things I have always avoided). One of those things being vinegar. I can't stand the smell or taste of vinegar. Hate it. I avoid most condiments since many are vinegar based. I don't even like being around other people when they're eating things that smell strongly of vinegar (Mr.P knows that I do not allow salt and vinegar chips in our house). I gag when I see people dump malt vinegar on french fries in a restaurant.

This morning when I opened the fridge to pour milk into my cereal I got the whiff of vinegar. I peeked onto the top shelf and saw an eco-friendly cardboard left-over food carton. I pulled it out and took a sniff. Yup, it reeked of vinegar. I threw it out, ate my breakfast, and headed to work.

After a long day at work and a frustrating trip to the grocery store, I came home wanting to sit and relax. When I walked through the back door I was met with the overwhelming smell of vinegar. Since Mr.P was working from home today I asked him what the heck was going on. He said he noticed the smell too, but didn't know where it was coming from. I opened the fridge which made the smell even stronger. Again I poked around and this time I found the real culprit.

A jar of pickles had broken in the back, on the top shelf. I started swearing and yelling loudly. Mr.P was like, "We can deal with it later." Um no, I can't stand the smell, I wanted it cleaned up RIGHT THEN.

The pickle juice had saturated most items, and dripped down the back of the fridge onto the other shelves and into the veggie drawer. I pulled everything out of the fridge and proceeded to mop up the vinegar based substance. I had to wash off all the items that had touched the vinegar, and spray the inside of the fridge with cleaner to try and dull the smell.

A half hour later I am still in a pissy mood about it, and my kitchen still reeks of vinegar. I have two cakes to bake tonight and right now I want to be as far from the kitchen as possible....

1 comment:

  1. It is your right as a pregnant lady to get to wear the crazy hat a few times.

    ReplyDelete