I'll admit that when it comes to talking about birth, I have said numerous times that I wouldn't mind if M2 came early. Part of that is because I'm impatient and want to meet her, and part of me is getting tired of some of the uncomfortable aspects of pregnancy. I've changed my mind.
My BFF is a NICU nurse, and while I've visited her many times at the hospital when she is working, I never really paid much attention to how tiny some of those babies are. Last night I hung out with her at the NICU, and she showed me a couple of babies that are the same gestational age as M2 (31+ weeks). They were so tiny and frail looking in their incubators! I felt so sad for them hooked up to machines.
It made me feel very fortunate that so far everything is going so well with my pregnancy and that there are no complications, and it made me realize that M2 should keep baking for as long as she needs to be born strong and healthy. Hopefully until at least 39 weeks. Although it was scary to see those tiny babies, it was also very surreal to see them and think, "That is what M2 looks like right now!" A mini-baby with little hands, feet, and (probably) a hairy head.
I can't believe it's getting so close already...I feel like it was so recent that you found out you were pregnant! It's all so exciting :) Make sure you post some pics of the nursery soon!
ReplyDelete