For weeks I have felt little M2's kicks internally, but from the outside it has been harder to tell. If I press hard on my abdomen I can feel light movement, but since I'm also feeling it from the inside it's hard to tell where I'm feeling it more - inside or out. When I feel her kicking I'll put Mr.P's hand on my stomach, but up until last night he hadn't felt anything.
Yesterday we went shopping for a new mattress (mission acomplished! We are now the proud owners of the Sealy Posturpedic Southhampton Firm Euro-Style Pillow-Top mattress. Yes, I know the name is ridiculous, but we've gotten a few laughs saying it here in the Phinney household).
We spent our Saturday evening lounging on our new bed (so comfy!) and while we were watching a video online on my laptop, I started feeling her little kicks. I put Mr.P's hand on my stomach and since her kicks were a little stronger, he finally felt them. The smile on his face was priceless, his eyes lit up and he was like, "That's my baby!" He's also taken to talking to my stomach every night and having little philosophical chats with his daughter. Sometimes I feel her kicking while he's talking, other times I think she's snoozing.
No comments:
Post a Comment