Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This baby loves cheese and cereal.

I roll my eyes when I hear the cliche about pregnant women and their love of pickles and ice cream.

Personally, I hate pickles. When I order a burger or sandwich at a restaurant, I always ask if it comes with a pickle, and if so please do not put one on my plate (I hate pickles so much that I don't even want them or their juice touching my food). But I'm a little picky about food.

I've heard about women who crave foods they have never liked. This has not happened to me yet. I have had a few food aversions to things I used to like a lot. One being soy milk. My standard Starbucks drink has always been a double tall soy latte. Since getting the two pink lines on a stick back in early December, I have not had any soy milk. The thought of drinking it makes my stomach turn a little. Another thing I have not eaten in the past 2+ months is terriyaki. There is a place near my work I used to order from every couple weeks, but everytime I think of eating rice and terriyaki chicken it doesn't sound very tasty to me.

I have consistantly craved grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza and mac & cheese. Basically things with cheese. It's not like I'm lacking in calcium, I'm drinking tons of milk (more than a gallon a week) and I've been eating yogurt a few times a week. I've been eating cereal like crazy, and have taken up a new fondness for Fruit Loops. I do try and eat the healthier/grainy cereals too. It makes the perfect late night snack before I go to bed.

Right now it's lunch time and I'm torn between getting a cheeseburger or a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment