Thursday, February 12, 2009

Looking forward to seeing BabyPhinney again!

4 hours to go until our ultrasound...I'm so excited! It was such a relief to see BabyPhinney moving around with a heartbeat at our last appt, I just want to see that he/she has continued to grow. I've read that they look more like a little person at this stage.

I'm supposed to have a full bladder when I get there. I'm not worried about this, I drink plenty of water anyway and I have a bladder of steal when it comes to holding it (which kind of goes hand in hand with my shy bladder problem). I just hope that I have some "free" time to pee between the u/s appt and the OB appt so that I am not expected to produce a urine sample on demand while the doctor is waiting for me. This is when my shy bladder is at it's worst - if someone is waiting for me. I've also heard that sometimes during the u/s appt the tech will ask you to go empty your bladder if it's too full and making it hard to get measurements. Again, I get stressed about having to pee on demand.

I will also have a bunch of blood taken today for various screening tests. I'm not terribly worried about it, while I may have issues peeing in a cup, I have no fear of needles. There are no major genetic diseases that we know of that run in either of our families, though one of us could be a carrier. I'd rather know then not know, so that is why we opted to do the screening. Some people have really strong opinions about genetic testing. For us it really wasn't a difficult decision, we decided that we'd rather know, and it gives us the opportunity to have another u/s. If something were to come up, it gives us time to plan and adjust to how we will handle a child with special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment