Thursday, January 15, 2009

There really is a baby in there.

Today was our first official OB appointment. It was Mr.P and I's first time meeting the OB, and we really liked him. He seemed really nice and smart.

Before we got pregnant, I always thought I'd give birth at a certain hospital in the suburbs that comes highly recommended for childbirth. We even have a friend who works in L&D at that hospital. However, the downside to delivering there is that I would need an OB who has delivery rights at that hospital, and most OB's who deliver there have their practice located near the hospital. I just don't want to have to drive out to the suburbs through shizzy traffic at least once a month for appts (we live in the city). So I opted to go with a clinic that is near where we live and it is associated with a large research/teaching hospital nearby. Some people may argue that one hospital is better than others. I'm really not that picky, and I'll trust that all the area hospitals have very qualified medical staff.

So back to the OB appointment....we got to see BabyPhinney! (See photo on the blog sidebar.) Isn't it adorable? I was surprised to see such a clear image with it's cute little stubby arms and legs. Most 8-9 week ultrasound pics I've seen look like a grainy blob. BabyPhinney had a strong heart beat of 160 bpm. Next up we have an appt scheduled for February 12th where we'll have a long ultrasound to get all the measurements and check for any growth abnormalities. Here's hoping BabyPhinney keeps growing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment