Sunday, January 11, 2009

Be careful what you wish for.

I spoke too soon? Friday I experienced my first throw-up during pregnancy. I'm not sure if it was morning sickness or, just an upset stomach from the fact that I took my vitamin first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and waited a half hour to eat my breakfast. Anyway, upon arriving at work I started feeling clammy. I wasn't sure if I should stay in my office and puke into the trash can, or excuse myself to the restroom.

I opted for the restroom to spare my office mate the joy of hearing/seeing/smelling me puke. I made it to the stall, but not to the toilet. Oops! My cheerios and banana projectile sprayed the wall of the bathroom stall and dripped down to the floor (sorry if that created a disgusting mental image). I grabed a wad of paper towels and proceeded to wipe things up. It still smelled slightly of vomit (or maybe that was me...in cleaning up my hip wiped some of the puke off the stall wall and onto my pants. Ugh). After that puking incident, I felt much better and did not feel sick the rest of the day. I did feel a little bad when later I heard someone in the hallway say, "Eww...it smells like puke in the ladies bathroom!"

All weekend I've felt a little bit of nausea, but it's not too bad. As long as I eat small snacks every few hours and don't let myself get too hungry, I'm able to keep the nausea at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment