Monday, July 8, 2013

Doggy paddling through the crazy.

I knew selling a house with two small children would be crazy. I knew putting a house on the market 10 days prior to being a leader in our church Vacation Bible School program would be crazy.

For the first three days the house was on the market, we stayed in a hotel. It worked out great; we were out of the house. We hung out with friends during the day, and didn't have to worry about the kids trashing the house. Last week was a rough week. Every agent that called wanting to tour the house, I said "yes" to their time even if it was during naptime. My kids and I spent a lot of time at the park. We ate in the car. P5 napped in the car. I wanted to let as many people see the house to allow the "right person" to see it that might want to buy it. We had scheduled "offer review" for last Friday. We got two offers. One was a joke - way below ask and they wanted us to pay closing costs. The other offer was OK, but not amazing. We countered on the second offer, expecting the buyer to either counter again or accept our offer. She backed out and said she found another house that had popped up on the market that day. Awesome. I guess I should be glad it worked out that way as opposed to her being stuck in our offer and wanting to buy something else, then 10 days later getting out of our offer during inspection time for some mundane thing so she could pursue another property.

Honestly, I was so optimistic that the house would sell right away. Yes, it has it's issues (very tiny, old), but it is in a very desirable city neighborhood on a nice street. I really had faith it would sell. I still have faith that things will work out, I am just not sure if that faith is in the house selling. We are working out the details of a plan B and plan C...still holding out a bit of hope that plan A will still work out. Today we had a ton of visits to the house, and three agents called with interested parties that wanted to know more details about what kind of offer we were looking for.

Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School and it went well. It was crazy and hectic, but the first day is often the craziest. I can now let out a sigh and know that it will go OK. Last night I was crying to my husband that I couldn't do it - I was already stressed to the max and VBS hadn't even started yet. I was feeling way too overwhelmed with all that is going on, but I got a good nights sleep and faced today head on.

Here's to praying that VBS goes well this week, and that our house gets an acceptable offer!!!

1 comment:

  1. good luck on selling the house!!

    A
    therowdyroberts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete