A few weeks ago I volunteered for Vacation Bible School at our church. It was really fun! I got to help teach a class of 4 year olds, and M2 had a blast in the 2 year old class (P5 was strapped to my chest during the week). All those old bible songs we sang when I was a kid came right back...the lyrics stored in the far reaches of my brain. As the songs were being sung the words became as familiar as if I'd sung them the week before. M2 loves the "B-I-B-L-E" song, at the end when you shout "BIBLE!" she yells it out while clapping and jumping up and down. The only thing I don't have the joy joy joy joy down in my heart for is the nasty cold M2 picked up that week.
Ugh. More sickness! She had the cold, and then she lovingly passed it on to me and P5. He and I have been hacking and coughing for the past week and it has not been pretty. I'm mostly over it and the subsequent sinus/tonsil infections that sprung from my weakened immune system. Poor P5 is still suffering.
The sleep situation with P5 has not gotten better. If anything, it's gotten a little worse. He still will not take to keeping a schedule, though I have not been super militant about trying to make a schedule work. He rarely sleeps for more than 30 minutes at a time during the day, and if he does sleep longer than that it is because I'm laying next to him. The baby has got some spidey sense - within 5 minutes of me getting up, he wake up, aware of the fact that I am no longer curled up next to him. With his cold right now he's been hacking all night long...and since he's still sleeping in our bed and insists on being curled up against me while sleeping, his coughing has been pretty much right in my ear. Awesome.
With less than 3 weeks until we depart for Europe, I am going to be careful to avoid aquiring any new illnesses. I've refilled the Purell bottle in my purse. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment