We've been really lucky in the ways of childcare. My BFF has provided lots of wonderful free childcare for us thus far (and she's a NICU nurse - who better qualified to care for our babes than someone trained to care for the tiniest of babies?!) We appreciate her generous help and love for our kids. I never worry about the kiddos when they are in her care. We have a friend whose 18 year old daughter has watched M2 a few times, but she lives 30 minutes away and has a really busy schedule.
The first year of M2's life we pretty much brought her along with us most places we went, with the exception of an occasional date night. Once M2 turned 1, she became a bit of a handful to take to restaurants and such, so we just started staying home more. Now with two kids, it's a production to take them out and it often isn't worth the effort.
Tomorrow is the start of soccer season, and once again we have season tickets to the local MLS soccer team. Children 3 and under are allowed on laps for free (ha. Hahahaha. Babies are OK, but bringing a toddler to a sporting event is a total pain). We brought M2 to all the games last year, but by the end of the season she wasn't interested in staying on our laps and it made watching the games really challenging. I can't ask BFF to watch the kiddos for all the games, so it was time to hire a babysitter. I ended up signing up for a paid website that matches you up with babysitters and conducts the background checks on them. Through that site we met a nice college student who came over yesterday to meet us and the kids. She seems great and is able to watch the kids for all the dates we requested over the next few months.
Since I was pregnant for pretty much the entire soccer season last year, I am really looking forward to enjoying a nice cold beer at the stadium tomorrow! Life with two small children has been stressful and sometimes Mr.P and I take out our stress and frustration on each other, so I think getting out and having some "us" time will be good for our marriage.
Here are a few pictures from the past week (forgive the poor resolution - darn you iphone 3 pics!):
M2 at the zoo:
M2 and P5 "playing" together:
No comments:
Post a Comment