Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Earning my domestic goddess badge.

I'm one of those wives who likes to do everything, which I don't mind because I'm a little anal about how certain things are done (laundry, cleaning, cooking). However, it can be a little annoying when I ask Mr.P for help and he acts like a teenager being asked to clean his room. He hates cleaning. He did redeem himself by A) going out and buying me Twilight on Blue-ray, and B) giving me a good back and foot massage after I was done cleaning.

This weekend I did some major nesting...I cleaned our house very thoroughly. It seems like such a small house shouldn't take too long to clean, but when it comes to deep cleaning, it takes awhile. I scrubbed our stovetop, dusted every corner, swiffered the hardwoods, and reorganized the kitchen and living room book shelves. My motivation to clean kind of came from the fact that we were hosting a dinner party on Sunday evening, and I wanted to have the house looking good. Mission accomplished! We had a great time, and now I am thoroughly enjoying how clean and neat everything is.

Right now I'm baking a meatloaf and some veggies for dinner, and I have plans to cut some fabric for BabyPhinney's quilt later this evening. Yes, that means that I finally came up with a pattern. I drew it myself on graph paper...let's hope it works out! I'll post a picture when it's done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment