After the blood test redo I didn't expect to get the results until after we returned from our trip east (for my sister in law's wedding). Yesterday, our travel day, upon landing in Michigan I saw my OB's office had left a VM. After a bit of phone tag with the nurse, I spoke to her in the late afternoon as we were driving across the boarder into Canada. Great news - the chromosomal testing came back all clear with no sign of problems. And we learned that we are having a......GIRL! (Sorry, KT, your streak is broken).
We are thrilled! Really we would've been happy with either and were excited about the possibility of either. But selfishly I kind of wanted another girl. I love girl clothes, and I think for P5 it will be easier for him to be the only boy as the middle child. I worried about how he would adjust if he had a younger brother who was typically developing while he has autism. A lot of our friends have had girls in recent years so we should be set on hand me down clothes. M2 is thrilled to be getting a sister (we told the kids yesterday about the baby). P5 doesn't quite understand yet. Both kids love babies so I know once she's here they will smother her with love and attention.
In other news, we got our minivan last weekend! After visiting several dealerships and haggling a lot on the price, we are now the owners of a brand new Honda Odyssey. It had 11 miles on it when we drove off the lot. I am really excited as this is my first ever new new car. Mr.P says I better enjoy it because I'll be driving this car for at least 10-12 years :-)
YAYAAAA a baby girl! i'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteA
therowdyroberts.blogspot.com