Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Earning another badge.

Sometimes I feel like this whole parenting thing is much like Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts in that you constantly are earning new badges to signify a milestone, skill or event.

I've earned another badge: the toddler stomach flu badge.

We had a lovely morning yesterday at the Tulip Festival (pictures below). My BFF took some great pictures of the kids, and we managed to stay dry (the forcast was rain, but it held off until after we left). We got home in the afternoon and I put M2 down for her nap. About 45 minutes later I heard her crying, which she sometimes does while napping. But after 5 minutes of crying I decided to go check on her.

When I opened her door the first thing I thought was, "What is that smell?" As I got closer to her bed I saw the damage. Puke. Everywhere. Bed, carpet, wall, and of course M2 was covered head to toe and curled up in a ball on her comforter. Poor girl! She proceeded to throw up every 10 minutes for about 3 hours. When Mr.P got home, I headed out to the store to get some food and pedialyte. When I got home, M2 had been barf free for 2 hours and she was asking for food so I made her some toast and gave her some water. Thirty minutes later it came up. An hour later I gave her a few ounces of pedialyte, and put her to bed. Overnight I woke up a few times to wake her up and give her a little bit of pedialyte. I stayed in her room each time for about 30 minutes to make sure she was able to keep it down. At one point, as I lay on the floor next to her bed, I thought, this is motherly love.






No comments:

Post a Comment