I've been listening to Christmas music all day, and I love how it puts me in a good mood. Well, that and the fact that for the first time in a long time I slept good last night. In 7 hours I only woke up once! Good sleep and Christmas cheer make me happy.
I've been really bad about posting lately, and particularly bad about posting about M2. She amazes me everyday, she is learning and retaining so much! Sometimes I'm surprised that she understands things I'm telling her. She's definitely no longer a baby, she is a full on toddler. She runs, talks, and expresses her emotions. She had her 15 month check up yesterday and is doing well. Her growth has definitely slowed down, but she is still growing and is our tall skinny girl. She weighed in at 20 lbs 11 oz (20th percentile), and was 32.5 inches tall (95th percentile).
Her vocabulary is exploding, it seems like every day she is saying a new word. She is really good at repeating words we ask her to say, and she even has made up a name for her special blanket. If I tell her we are going to go somewhere she will run to the hallway and retrieve her shoes to bring to me. When I tell her it's time to eat she will climb up into her booster seat on her own, and she knows which cupboard we keep the sweets in because she'll sometimes stand in front of it reaching upwards to gesture that she would like a treat.
M2 loves to play with other kids. The other day I took her to the mall playground so she could burn off some energy, she looked like she was in heaven when I pulled her out of the stroller and set her in the play area. She ran around giggling and smiling the whole time. We love her to pieces and are enjoying watching her grow and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment