Thursday, April 22, 2010

Emerging from the fog...

Nothing much going on here...M2 has been waking up a few times a night, waking me up, and that has led me to be tired and grumpy. When I'm grumpy I have a hard time being nice and not complaining. I don't want to be blogging about my complaints :-) The lack of sleep has made me feel foggy headed this week.

The days go by fast staying home, M2 keeps me busy. We're trying to keep her on a feeding schedule at the pediatrician's request, but it is hard. There is very little logic to her feeding schedule - sometimes she will be starving after 1.5 hours since her last meal, or 3 hours (which is about normal) but she's gone as long as 5 hours during the day refusing to eat or drink). Of course, her refusing to eat or drink stresses me out and wastes a lot of time for me to warm up a bottle only to have her refuse it. She does love dinnertime. The baby led weaning dinners have been going really good. She is so happy and content, and she's been eating more and more food from these meals. I try to balance it out with veggies and fruit, but also taking into consideration what we're eating (so I'm not preparing too much extra). Last night she had fresh ripe pear sliced into sticks (melts in the mouth it was so ripe). She also had strawberries, steamed broccoli, steamed carrot sticks and cheesey pasta noodles.

I like to sew and have been trying to sew since I was in 7th grade. I do better without patterns, and particularly with straight/square edges. The other day I found this adorable vintage fabric and thought it would make a cute little dress for M2. I knew that I did not have the skills to wing it and make a dress, so I bought a pattern to use. It worked! It took some time to figure out the pattern, but I managed to make a dress that seems to be proportionate. Unfortunately it is too big for M2 for now, but this summer it will look really cute on her.

Here's some pics from last nights dinner, and the dress I made (forgive the grainy iphone camera pic quality):

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress, I wish I had a sewing machine I would make Ian rompers out of my old t shirts.

    ReplyDelete