Good thing I've had time to work on stuff, because I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow and I needed to finish up some items for the gift basket. I made a nearly identical basket for a shower last weekend. That shower was for a "unknown gender" so it included a lot of green and geometric print goodies. This one is for a boy, and I had a blast picking out cute boy fabric (some of which I just happened to already own in my scrap bin from previous projects).
Modeling the nursing cover I made, complete with built in terry cloth burp corner:
Bibs with snaps (the snaps are key, velcro tears stuff up in the wash):
Burp clothes! Fabric on one side, soft chenille on the other side:
Gerber cloth diapers with fabric panels stitched on top. These make great burp clothes, and they work as a quick changing mat:
The finished basket!
Aside from the stuff I made, the basket includes a Sleep Sheep, a pair of Baby Legs, an orange slice rattle, a Lola Bee Designs onesie, 2 pacifier clips I made, a pair of zip up footie pajamas, a board book with puppet, an Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blanket, and the Essential Breastfeeding Log book. These are some of the things that I have found to be great items to have in the first few months with a new baby. I have another one to make for a shower next month for a friend having a girl, and I'm making another gender neutral one for an auction at our church.
No comments:
Post a Comment