Thursday, February 27, 2014

The hangover that won't go away.

I'm feeling less worried, which is good. Unfortunately I've been feeling really ill this past week so I really haven't had time to worry between taking care of my other two littles, resting, and trying to get through the day to day tasks while feeling like I need to lay down. I try not to think about food, but then eat anything that sounds sort of acceptable. While it sucks to have Mr.P working out of town right now, the nice parts are that I don't feel guilty about not cooking dinner - take out or PB&J are common around here these past two weeks. Also, I have been going to bed really early and sleeping well with the whole bed to myself :-)

I also feel like God has a great plan in store for this life and for our family - so I'm putting my faith in this. I know this baby is God's plan since we weren't trying to conceive! Actually what happened was in mid-January my IUD fell out. A few days later we were being responsible by using a condom and it failed. There were some expletives uttered at the time, and when I calculated where we were at in my cycle it was very likely that the "one time" condom failure could result in a pregnancy. (Given our stage in life and personal beliefs, we did not even consider the option of Plan B).

Up until last week I was feeling like the pregnancy was more like my girl pregnancy, but this week I feel like it's more like my boy pregnancy. I feel as sick as I did with P5, but then most of my food cravings are the things I craved when I was pregnant with M2. So I really don't know. We should be finding out the gender in about a month. Since I am considered "advanced maternal age" our insurance will cover the cell-free DNA testing. This testing is newer and considered to have a much lower false positive rate than some of the other screening tests. They draw blood from the mother and are able to isolate out fetal DNA cells. They can line up the chromosomes to check for a few common abnormalities and they are also able to determine the gender from this. The test is usually done between 10-12 weeks and has no risk of harm to baby.

At 7 1/2 weeks I am totally feeling the bloat. It's bad...they say that you tend to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies. Seriously - by the end of the day I swear I look 12+ weeks along. By the time I actually am 12 weeks along it'll probably be pretty obvious. I just ordered a pair of maternity jeans from Gap, can't wait to break into those! Some days I feel a little bit better than others (so far today has been the worst I've felt) so I'm just hoping that I have more good feeling days than bad. Man, I forgot how crappy the first trimester can be. It kind of feels like you have a hangover that just won't go away.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy, I hope it doesn't stick around.

    also I cannot wait to find our if you're having a boy or a girl:)

    A
    therowdyroberts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete