Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mama said there'd be days like this...

It was one of those days that started out OK. By late morning there was a problem, a little added stress. Then another thing, and another. Little things. The kinds of things that are just life, and on their own they are minor bumps in the road; but the sum of them by the end of the day brought me to my knees in hysterical ugly tears.

By training I'm a counselor. I understand emotional stress and family dynamics more than the average person, and because of my training I have pretty good coping skills. But there are times when I feel the crushing weight of the stress and obligations in my life. As each problem came my way today I kept saying to myself, "Really? This is happening on top of all the other stress going on?" I actually got a bit of a laugh after I was done ugly crying. Both crying and laughing are necessary to release toxins and endorphines to make us feel better.

Tomorrow is Mr.P's surgery. I am anxious and scared. I just hope everything goes well and uncomplicated.

1 comment: