We are in Nederland (the Netherlands)! It is beautiful here, and we are truly loving our time here. It's very different from home. The landscape, roads, architecture and overall pace of life are so different, but nice. We've fallen into a rythym and adapted well. The kids have done better than expected and seem to be enjoying it here. If circumstances were different, I think we could pick up and move here. Probably not to Amsterdam proper, but Haarlem, Delft, and Den Haag are all cities we could call home.
Having this vacation has been so good for our family. We are all happy here. Mr.P and I have gotten along much better than in our normal life, and we've been able to escape from much of the stress at home. Of course, it's still in the back of my mind...knowing it's there and that we'll have to face it upon return next week. But for now we are enjoying our escape and drinking in the Dutch culture and life.
Mr.P has been tired, not eating much and looks like he's lost more weight. I worry about him a lot. I've been praying a lot and trying to think positively. Watching him walk on the beach, holding his daughter's hand tonight melted my heart. It also caused me to feel a momentary sense of panic and fear of the worst case scenario of his cancer being worse, and flashing to an image of M2 not having her daddy to hold her hand as she grows up. When these thoughts enter my mind I have to push them away, it's too awful to think about. But it makes me understand the fragility of life.
Mr.P is scheduled for surgery right after we return next week. But for now we are in the present which is on another continent and in a different time zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment