Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nope, the baby isn't here yet.

This week has seemed a little easier than last week, and it's going by a lot quicker. I've actually put in more hours at work this week. Maybe I'm getting used to being uncomfortable and hugely pregnant? Ha ha. People keep saying that they can't believe I'm still working. What else am I going to do - I can sit at home and wait for the baby, or I can go to work where at least there I am staying busy and getting paid!

Our glider chair arrived yesterday, I'm pretty excited about it. For now it's in our living room since there really isn't much space to put it anywhere else. It's pretty comfortable. Here is what it looks like (the picture from Costco's website, not our actual living room):


I keep going back and forth between being annoyed and impatient that the baby isn't here yet, to then having moments of being totally fine with waiting a little longer. It's kind of a weird place to be in. We've been unable to make any definitive plans this month because we just don't know. Yesterday we got invited to a BBQ at the end of the month. While I seriously hope the baby is here by then, if I do end up going a week or two over my due date she could very well come at the end of the month.

I had hoped that this baby, being the spawn of two over-achieving parents, would try to come a little early. Mr.P and I both finished college in 3 years by taking extra courses and doing a few summers of courses. We're both pretty fast and efficient about how we do things - and so far our baby is taking her sweet time finishing her baking.

1 comment:

  1. I know that the wait at the end is the longest, but once she is here it is all worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete