Has it really been 3 months? Oh, I guess it has. This past year I have ramped up my involvement in many things. Preschool parent committee, church volunteer roles and committees, cooking meals for people (someone is always having a baby or going through some personal crisis), then end of school year activities, my leadership role in the church's Vacation Bible Adventure, out of town guests... to say I was hitting a point of burnout by mid-July is an understatement. Our guests left on July 23rd and the past 2+ weeks I've laid low. I needed this little break from obligations.
I've been scaling back my involvement in things as we get ready for the new school year and the new baby. Yes, I'm well into the third trimester and feeling all it's glory. Fatigue, body pain, breathing problems (so sad that a year ago I could walk out my front door and run 7 miles in an hour without stopping and now I'm gasping for breath after carrying a laundry basket up the stairs; but this too shall pass). We have the baby's room ready, we have her name picked out (on here she will be JJ) and we are just trying to slow down and enjoy the little time we have left as a family of 4 before life gets more hectic than it already is.
M2 turns 5 in less than 2 weeks...she's such a big girl. Big personality, big opinions, lots of independence. Her twice weekly swimming lessons this past year have paid off and she is quite the little fish - she's now in a program to work on strengthening her strokes and just loves to be in the water. P5 has been going through a behaviorally challenging time with lots of fits and lots of "NO's!" being exclaimed, but his development is so amazing and his communication has far exceeded where we expected he would be at 3.5 years old. He's (mostly) potty trained and we are enjoying this glorious little break from diapers after 5 years. The kids are excited for their sister to come but I don't think they truly understand how much it's going to rock their world.
Summer has been unseasonably warm here in the Pacific Northwest which I know some people appreciate, I'm kind of over it. I've never been a big summer person - I actually love the fall the best followed by the spring, then winter, then summer. Call me crazy but I like wearing sweaters and boots, and I feel most calm when it's a little grey or rainy out. Warm weather + pregnancy = grumpy Phinney Girl.
Today we had M2's birthday party. She wanted a Pete the Cat themed party, not something that can be bought so we did a lot of DIY stuff. Stay tuned later this week when I post my "pinterest worthy" party pictures on here :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment