Sometimes I feel like my life has gone down a completely different track than I ever intended (but as Jerry Seinfeld would say, "not that there's anything wrong with that.") Case in point, tonight.
Mr.P and I had the babysitter booked from 8-10 (ahem...I had her booked from 8-10....my thinking, she can put the kids to bed, we can go out for a drink). At 8:05 we got in the car and debated where to go; no plan in place. Mr.P suggested the bar where we met for our first date. An interesting place, but not our style these days. I suggested a hole in the wall, quiet dumpy place nearby. He suggested a middle ground place closer to our house. We ended up going to the dumpy place for the first half, then the middle ground place near our house for the later half.
When Mr.P and I started dating in 2006, we were not the most likely match. At the time, my myspace profile (ugh, who does myspace anymore?) described me as "part granola, part girl next door." I still feel that was a good personification of who I was/am, though Mr.P laughs at me now because I drive a BMW and he feels that kind of disqualifies me from being any part granola.
But even if my life hasn't gone down the path I intended, is that a bad thing? My life is good. I have a wonderful husband, fantastic kids. Our life is stable. We ended our Valentine's day date cuddling on the couch and having a shoot out with random toys/balls into our Fisher Price basketball hoop across the room. As he gathered up the balls, I went to the bathroom, stopping by the kids bedroom. I quietly opened their door....pulled their blankets up around them, and stroked their sleeping heads.
How can I have any complaints? I have these two perfect little babies who love me and trust me to care for them. I have an adoring husband who thanks me daily for all I do for our family. I am a lucky woman.
Aww I love this post! Thanks again for lunch and getting to meet the kiddos!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was great to see you too! Thanks for helping put up with the kids in the restaurant! M2 randomly said yesterday, "I like Wendy. Can she come over again?"
ReplyDelete