I'm already having fun shopping for little boy clothes :-) I've gotten a few things that were on clearance for a great price, but I'm not planning on going overboard. I'm trying to keep in mind some of the items that were must haves when M2 was a newborn (swaddle blankets, teeny socks, stocking caps, newborn onesies). We have a really great consignment shop up the road from us that turns over a lot of cute kids clothes. I have an appt to show them a bunch of girl stuff later this month, and hopefully if they sell I will get a nice store credit to use towards buying some boy stuff. The other day when I was in there I found a cute flannel plaid button up shirt for $6 that is Janie and Jack brand (a super expensive high end kids clothing store). The shirt looks like new!
I've had two friends ask about a baby shower. Personally I am against second showers. I feel like baby showers are a special celebration for a new mom. Most of our friends and family already bought us gifts last year, and I would not feel right having people buy us more stuff. I can see someone having a second shower if their kids are really far apart in age or if the parents are struggling grad students or something, but in our case it really isn't necessary. I think the shower traditions vary by region too, I know one friend from the midwest who had a shower for each of her 3 kids, and another friend from the south whose sister who had 3 girls in 3 years and had a shower for each child. Personally I think it just seems a little greedy to have a shower for each kid. We have all the major stuff we need for a baby, the only extras we need are a few boy clothes, diapers and a second crib, all of which we can take care of ourselves.
Next week is M2's first birthday! I can't believe my baby is turning 1! We're doing a family party this weekend, and a friend party next weekend. I'll write more later about the details of her parties...
No comments:
Post a Comment