Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm losing my mind.

I think the lack of good quality sleep is getting to me. I was just starting to think that I had adjusted to things, but maybe my broken sleep schedule is taking a toll on my brain.

I have always had an awesome memory. I can remember ridiculous and trivial things, and I almost never misplace things because I always remember where I put them. My BFF calls me "rainman" because of my memory. Mr.P always asks me to tap into my "steal trap memory" to remind him of various data and facts, and at work my co-workers are constantly asking for my help in remember little details about our clients.

The other day I was at the grocery store and I went to punch in my phone number for the grocery discount card, and I blanked out and forgot the number. Granted, it's not my current phone number, this particular grocery discount card is linked to a phone number I had 10 years ago, but it is a number I use fairly often for various discount cards. I tried many combinations of numbers, and for the life of me I cannot remember the last 4 digits. Yesterday I was at the same store and tried again, but could not remember the number. After that I went to meet up with Mr.P at his office, and when I tried to call his phone to let him know I was there, my cell wasn't working (some network issue). I went to the lobby phone to call his office, and I blanked out on what his office number was. I had to look it up in my cell (and I call his office regularly from the landline at work and home, so it is a number I should not have forgotten).

Another strange thing that keeps happening to me is that I will be up feeding the baby, then I get her back to sleep and I'll fall asleep too. I'll wake up a few hours later and she'll be fussing for food again. I will wake up and feel as though I never went to sleep, and for a few moments I'll be confused as to why she is hungry since I am thinking that I just fed her. Then I will realize what time it is and know that actually it's been a few hours since her last feeding.

Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment